Built in 1860 by Tomás Libarona and inaugurated on 17 November, the lighthouse was built with volcanic ash imported from Italy.
It is 44 mt high, has a geographical range of 18 miles, and an 11-mile light range.
It issues 2 white flashes every 8 seconds.
The peninsula of Punta del Este is a piece of land that divides the Rio de la Plata and the Atlantic Ocean.
Gorlero Avenue divides the peninsula in half. It ends on 15th Street, and the land turns towards the east at this point. +